BMW Winter Storage Tips:
· Change the oil and filter.
· Test antifreeze and service as needed.
· Fill the gas tank but do not “top off” the tank.
· Inflate tires to 55 psi.
· Clean the car thoroughly inside and out (wax it). Dry the
car completely, also make sure that the brakes are dry.
· Use Lexol leather cleaner/conditioner on the interior
leather, and use Vinyl on the dashboard.
· Use a breathable soft car cover.
· Get a couple of small bags of mouth balls. Punch a few holes
in the bags and place one bag under the hood and the other bag on the floor
under the car. This will discourage small rodents or insects from making your
BMW their home.
· Remove the battery, store in a dry warm place and trickle
· Put a small amount of oil in cylinders. Crank the engine to
· Coat all rubber parts/hoses with glycerin to prevent
· DO NOT put the car up on blocks. Cars should be supported by
their tires and suspensions NOT jack stands.
· DO NOT set the hand brake. It could stick after sitting all
winter and can be a bugger to free up. Better to use a couple of blocks of wood
to keep the car from rolling.
· On manual transmission cars, put the car in second or fourth
gear to prevent it from forming corrosion on the shift selector rod into the